Friday, March 4, 2011

The Music- The Negaverse

So, I'm taking a small break from Crossfire (and by small I mean like the couple minutes it'll take for me to write this out, lol) Usually, my breaks consist of hanging out on Villain's Scheme...but not really having much fun there since Shelley's comp went out of commission a couple days ago. I mean, I am having fun playing as QD, but I was really getting into the Zombieland thread we started. I think I might pull Wade, Reed and Marty's profiles off... I'm not sure yet. Eh, then again, I'm just feeling a little insecure because of what happened this week at the bakery. The store was broken into twice; both times, the robber didn't find anything, but he caused a lot of damage since the genius decided to break in through the roof. The second time he busted a pipe in the women's restroom and flooded the store. Good on ya, mate.

Anyway, enough of that! I've been gathering up music and this time for The Negaverse. Well, the happy (or unhappy) citizens, anyway.

1. Pray for You- Jaron and The Long Road to Love: Nega-Morgana
Every time I hear this song, I immediately see Nega-Morgana (or at least, my take on her, anyway) sitting in a church and...well, praying for Negaduck. However, don't let the title fool you. The line that sealed the deal for me was "I pray a flowerpot falls from a window sill and knocks you in the head like I'd like to."

2. Dog Days Are Over- Florence+The Machine: Nega-Gosalyn
I've been listening to this song for a few days now. At first, I was convinced that it was a happy song...but after really listening to the lyrics, it reminds me of the opening scene from Inglorious Bastards where Shoshanna is running from the Nazi soldiers. Well, I know Nega-Gos doesn't have to worry about Nazis (well, maybe. It's the Negaverse, after all) but I think that this song fits her. "She hid behind corners and hid under beds. She killed it with kisses and from it she fled" and "Leave behind all your love and your loving behind. You can't carry it with you if want to survive" are the lines that really struck me as relating to her.

3. Maneater- Nelly Furtado/ Maneater-Hall and Oates :Nega-Marty
Either song really works for her. She's nothing like her Normalverse counterpart: she's just cold, greedy and calculating. She has no problem using anyone so long as she benefits from it.

4. Lay Me Down-Dirty Heads: Nega-Launchpad and Nega-Marty
It's the whole Bonnie and Clyde story in song form.

That's all I have for specific songs. The rest are most of the tracks off the Zombieland soundtrack and a few Evanescence songs (Lies and Away from Me, specifically). I haven't really found any songs that make me think specifically of Negaduck unless he were placed in some situation. In which case, it's really more for mood than an actual theme. Although, when I write for or draw him, I find that metal or Marylin Manson usually helps. 




No comments:

Post a Comment