Monday, January 3, 2011

The Music- Marty and Launchpad

So, my New Year's sucked. My dad made me cry during my shift at the bakery and so now every time one of our regulars stroll in, they throw me a pitying look and ask me how I am... it's embarrassing. I'd get into the whole story of why my father is antagonizing me, but its so lame. Plus, it's not even for something I did, rather it's because of my sister. Just know, she's 21 (about to be 22) and I am not her keeper.

Anyway, even with all that awkwardness (or maybe because of it) I'm finding myself losing my ability to draw again. Not good. I started last year off the same way, I refuse to kick off 2011 like that. But in the meantime, I figured I would focus my energy on Crossfire and everything that entails. And that led me to thinking about the songs I associate with couples.

So Marty and Launchpad:

Crossfire- Brandon Flowers
Under the Gun - The Killers
Careless Whisper - Tamia -or- Seether (The original George Michaels version works too, but I prefer either one of these covers over it).
It Takes Two- Rob Base and DJ EZ
Strawberry Wine- Deana Carter
Sweet and Wild- Dierks Bentley
Thinking of You - Katy Perry
Warning Sign - Coldplay
Anything You Can Do- Bernadette Peters and Tom Wompat
That Thing You Do - Fountains of Wayne
Johnny and June - Heidi Newfield
Maybe - Ingrid Michaelson
Hollaback Girl vs. Give it to Me- DJ Hero Mix
Complicated - Carolyn Dawn Johnson
The Kiss - Karmina
Lay Me Down- Dirty Heads (Technically, this is only for their Negaverse counterparts. If you listen to the lyrics, the story it tells is exactly how I imagine Nega-LP and Nega-Marty's tale to go...but bloodier.)

This list is bound to grow as I keep writing and drawing these two, but for sure, these are the ones that are permanent fixtures on any playlist I associate with them. They aren't the only couple I have a playlist for, but I'll save that for next time ;)

Oh and artwork today!
Some sketches for a meme I've been trying to complete for a while now. 

A very sketchy design for a huge project (Toon Prom) a fellow artist (Canti550) on Deviant Art is doing.
And last but not least, a commission I've been struggling to fix :[ 

No comments:

Post a Comment